Wednesday, December 15, 2010

gizza job...I can do that

 
Tis the season to be jolly and for a number of people, tis the season to start looking forward to the next year and more importantly the prospect of yet again another round of mind numbing spirit crushing job hunting. Yes for us 'temps' its back to the job pages and to be honest the thought of job search makes me feel sick. I'm not the most organised person you'll meet. Fact is I can't plan how to get to the bottom of a packet of crisps when I first open them. So I should be hot on the internet looking and applying for jobs but I get distracted so easy (this is one). Tying to get a job has become a nightmare, gone are the days when you could have a drunken word with a mate on Friday and be working on the Monday. Now just to get an interview is a whole to do, its the equivalent of having to make your way across a greased pole to retrieve a crystal from the ass of a bent over clown, like some kind of crystal maze twat. I could take the Yozza Hughes approach to job hunting, but I'm not a scouser and I couldn't grow a fine peace of face furniture like that if I tried, and as much as I like the idea of going around nutting anyone who even looks at me in a funny way I would probably knock myself out more the other person. So I will do as I always do, stumble around the real world and the internet looking for work until something comes along and hits me. This is how I have found most of my jobs, well this and the fact most of my jobs seem to bleed into one another, people wise. So sometimes it is the people you know. Maybe its time for a change of vocation. I've been in retail for a good few years and it's a love/hate thing. Everyone who's worked in shops will tell you the same. On one hand you get to meet and work with some of the nicest people, but on the other there are some real arse holes out there, but this is true with every job and place of work. One thing about retail that really busts my balls to the point of trouser replacement is the working hours, but again its good and bad all the way. So what to do? I'm buggered if I know, I'm still trying to get to the bottom of those crisps.

No comments:

Post a Comment