Monday, December 27, 2010

Rabbit rabbit rabbit.

I've been living in blissful ignorance. Happily walking around like the village idiot under the impression I had good social skills. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a total loony. I'm not the type of person that will stand and talk a little too loud about the modern miracle of the combustion engine while drinking some strange brew of beer with a not so funny comic name. No, I'm the kind of person that finds it hard to just start a conversation that will sustain a good converse. I try to plan what to say, but as I've mentioned before I can't plan anything. If I was to plan a freak out I would be late, forget the bullets and buy the wrong pattern thong. Now if I know the person I'm ok, but as for meeting new people I fail like a chocolate fire guard. I fear that I might come across as a, well to put it straight, a twat. And this is why I'm not good, I'm worrying about what impression I am making to in fact make a good impression. This is the same in a new job. I try so hard to be out going and nice, but with the worry I come across moody. I don't want to be that knob head that talks way to loud and makes smutty remarks towards anything with boobs (including the fat guy) not on the first day anyway. But it would be nice to skip about 2 weeks into the job when I have settled in and know everyone. I suppose its the same for everyone. But still I'm not fond of the way I come across, so if you have met me before, please think back and don't judge me as a dribbling zombie with less of a sense of humour then a over ripe orange. I don't dribble that much. With the way of the world this is becoming less of a problem. Why stand in the corner of a stale party talking about X-factor in the desperate attempt to meet new people. No, now you don't even have to get dressed, you can meet all the people you want over the marvellous god like internet. With Faceache, My-spaz and the hundreds of chat rooms fall of naked pig ugly people, why throw on a coat and take your life in you own hands on public transport. Just sit there and press the on button, grab a bag of cheesy balls, a cup of tea and reach out and touch someone.

1 comment:

  1. I honestly don't want to know other people's opinions of me especially their first impression. I really didn't want to connect with anyone at work (the Entertainer) because I knew in three months time we'd all be on our way. Too bad I went against my own rules and now I really like almost everyone. Oh well. I didn't know you blogged. (Well I never asked) How do you bring that up anyway?

    Kim (from work- well was.)

    ReplyDelete